Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 6 green onions, chopped fine
- 3 scotch bonnet peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3⁄4 tablespoon fresh ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Seed the peppers, peel the garlic.
- Add everything to a blender or processor and blend well.
- Store in a covered container.
- Use for basting on pork or beef.
- Also see recipe of mine for Beef Jerk Burgers.
Perfect for Mean Chefs "Cubano Chicken with Spicy Currant Picadillo" #63869
This worked perfectly for recipe #234129. Loved the blend! Thank You "andypandy"!!! Made during ZWT3 by a Floozie- Remembering Amy.
I made this jerk last night for ZWT3 and paired it with Jivin Jerk Shrimp Salad. DH loved it and said it had plenty of heat. The flavors were really good but I got some hot bites that made me saw Woo Hoo! Next time I will try with Jalapenos, or mix the peppers.