A spin on usual turkey with lots of spice. Perfect for leftovers after Thanksgiving (just adapt by covering leftovers with the jerk seasoning and salt and heating in a pan). Original recipe from Cooking Light
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 teaspoons salt-free jamaican jerk seasoning, divided (such as Spice Hunter)
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 (3/4 lb) turkey tenderloins
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- cooking spray
- 4 cups finely chopped onions
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2Combine 1 tablespoon jerk seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon salt; sprinkle evenly over both sides of turkey.
- 3Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned.
- 4Place turkey on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until a thermometer registers 165°. Remove turkey from oven; cover loosely, and let stand 5 minutes. Cut turkey across grain into thin slices.
- 5While turkey cooks, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion to pan, and sauté 8 minutes or until tender. Stir in rice, remaining 1 teaspoon jerk seasoning, and turmeric; sauté 2 minutes. Add broth and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir in beans and cilantro. Serve rice mixture with turkey.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jerk-Seasoned Turkey With Black Beans and Yellow Rice
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.5
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 70.3 mg
- Sodium 449.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 36.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt-free jamaican jerk seasoning
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth