Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
Bring the Caribbean to your back yard! Use my Jamaican Jerk Seasoning Jamaican Jerk Seasoning mixture or store bought prepared jerk seasoning. Kicked up steak!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef sirloin steaks, Trimmed and discard excess fat from steaks
- olive oil
- 2 -3 teaspoons jamaican jerk spice (Jamaican Jerk Seasoning)
- Rinse steaks and pat dry. Let steak sit at room temperature for 20 minutes. Sprinkle lightly all over olive oil.
- Spread jerk seasoning over both sides of steak.
- Lay steaks on grill 4 to 6 inches above heat; close lid on gas barbecue. Cook until done to your liking, 4-6 minutes for medium-rare, turning once with a wide spatula or tongs halfway through cooking.
- Transfer to a board or platter and let rest about 5-10 minutes before serving. To allow the juices to redistribute.
I followed this recipe to the 't' and it came out great!! A+
This steak was great! I left the thyme out of the seasoning though because I recently realized that I don't care for it. I brushed some bbq sauce on the steaks near the end of cooking as well. Even my picky DH really liked his steak! :) Made for ZWT5.
I am not much on steak, but I had no problem eating this. It was full of flavor, I loved it. Thank you for a great recipe.