Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
When I'm in a hurry I use pre-cut packaged chicken. Great served over rice.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons jamaican jerk spice
- 1 (1 lb) packagestir fry frozen peppers and onions
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add chicken and jerk seasoning; cook and stir 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add bell pepper and onion stir-fry; cover and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine orange juice and cornstarch; blend until smooth.
- Add to mixture in skillet, cook and stir until bubbly and thickened.
This is a very yummy meal. Although I have a funny story to go with it. I doubled the recipe for girls night in. When doubling the recipe I thought the jerk seasoning smelled yummy so I added a little extra, and then a little extra more (I like highly seasoned foods) now, I have never used jerk seasoning and really didn't know what it would taste like. I fed my kids (6 and 4) but before I could eat I had to take care of the baby. The kids asked for refills of their water, once then again and finally the third time I cut them off, thinking they where just not very hungry, and playing around. I told them they could have more water when they were done eating. They quickly finished and begged for more water. After all this, when the baby was quiet I sat down with my friends to eat and was so surprised! The dish, while it was delicious, was really pretty spicy! I felt so bad, like a terrible mother, but the kids didn't complain! So take this into mind when making this meal, add the required amount of seasoning, no more, unless you like spicy foods.
Didn't like the tangy orange taste. Actually, adding it to the saute made it taste bitter. However, I must give you credit for this very fast and easy recipe.