Recipe by carolinafan
When I'm in a hurry I use pre-cut packaged chicken. Great served over rice.
Top Review by spreadnjoy
This is a very yummy meal. Although I have a funny story to go with it. I doubled the recipe for girls night in. When doubling the recipe I thought the jerk seasoning smelled yummy so I added a little extra, and then a little extra more (I like highly seasoned foods) now, I have never used jerk seasoning and really didn't know what it would taste like. I fed my kids (6 and 4) but before I could eat I had to take care of the baby. The kids asked for refills of their water, once then again and finally the third time I cut them off, thinking they where just not very hungry, and playing around. I told them they could have more water when they were done eating. They quickly finished and begged for more water. After all this, when the baby was quiet I sat down with my friends to eat and was so surprised! The dish, while it was delicious, was really pretty spicy! I felt so bad, like a terrible mother, but the kids didn't complain! So take this into mind when making this meal, add the required amount of seasoning, no more, unless you like spicy foods.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons jamaican jerk spice
- 1 (1 lb) packagestir fry frozen peppers and onions
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add chicken and jerk seasoning; cook and stir 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add bell pepper and onion stir-fry; cover and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine orange juice and cornstarch; blend until smooth.
- Add to mixture in skillet, cook and stir until bubbly and thickened.