Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
great taste with lots of nutrients
Make and share this Jerk-Seared Tuna with Clementine Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 4 (4 ounce) yellowfin tuna steaks
- 2 teaspoons jamaican jerk spice (McCormick)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup clementine, peeled,just sections (6-8 clementines)
- 1⁄4 cup minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Sprinkle both sides of tuna steaks with jerk seasoning.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add tuna and cook 2 minutes per side for medium rare.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 1/2 cups water to a boil over high heat.
- Add brown rice and oregano, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add diced zucchini, remove from heat, cover and let stand 5 minutes, until liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff with a fork and season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine clementine sections, onion, lime juice and cilantro.
- Mix well, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve tuna with salsa spooned over top and rice-zucchini mixture on the side.