kyle martin's Note:
great taste with lots of nutrients
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (4 ounce) yellowfin tuna steaks
- 2 teaspoons jamaican jerk spice (McCormick)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup clementine, peeled,just sections (6-8 clementines)
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1Sprinkle both sides of tuna steaks with jerk seasoning.
- 2Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Add tuna and cook 2 minutes per side for medium rare.
- 4In a medium saucepan, bring 2 1/2 cups water to a boil over high heat.
- 5Add brown rice and oregano, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- 6Add diced zucchini, remove from heat, cover and let stand 5 minutes, until liquid is absorbed.
- 7Fluff with a fork and season with salt and pepper.
- 8In a medium bowl, combine clementine sections, onion, lime juice and cilantro.
- 9Mix well, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 10Serve tuna with salsa spooned over top and rice-zucchini mixture on the side.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jerk-Seared Tuna with Clementine Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.6
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 51.0 mg
- Sodium 52.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 30.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
jamaican jerk spice