Very good marinade for chicken. After the chicken has marinated, I take the extra sauce and heat it up in a pan to boiling and then use it to baste the chicken while grilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 bunch green onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons jalapenos (I use the ones that you buy in the jar)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- salt and pepper
- 4 -6 chicken breasts (or whatever you prefer)
- 1Blend first four ingredients in a blender.
- 2Add sugar and next 3 ingredients and process until smooth (it will be fairly thick).
- 3Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Marinate chicken for 3- 6 hours.
- 5Grill on indirect heat until done, for us that means about 30 minutes, turning every 5 minutes or so, basting with the sauce that has been heated.
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jerk Sauce for Grilled Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.7
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 61.8 mg
- Sodium 1412.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 18.5 g
- Protein 23.2 g