Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very good marinade for chicken. After the chicken has marinated, I take the extra sauce and heat it up in a pan to boiling and then use it to baste the chicken while grilling.
- 1 bunch green onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons jalapenos (I use the ones that you buy in the jar)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- salt and pepper
- 4 -6 chicken breasts (or whatever you prefer)
- Blend first four ingredients in a blender.
- Add sugar and next 3 ingredients and process until smooth (it will be fairly thick).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Marinate chicken for 3- 6 hours.
- Grill on indirect heat until done, for us that means about 30 minutes, turning every 5 minutes or so, basting with the sauce that has been heated.