Recipe by breezermom
This recipe is not overly spicey, and I've set the ingredients to serve 2. It is wonderful served with my Honey Glazed Plantains and Sauteed Collard Greens. A wonderful Caribbean recipe! Prep time does not include 1 hour marinating time or grill prep time. This recipe originally came from Aaron McCargo.
Top Review by CHEF GRPA
I use 1/4 cup light brown sugar and omitted the red pepper flakes a nice treat. I serve the Recipe#373114 on the side. This was fantastic and So easy to do! I will definitely make this again.! You can take that as all thumbs up. This is now on the regular rotation. Thank You PRMR 2013....Grpa
- 2 rib eye steaks, 12 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except steak in a small bowl.
- Rub seasoning mix on steak. Place steak in a plastic bag to marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, prepare your grill for cooking at medium high to high heat.
- After marinating your steak for 1 hour, remove from the refrigerator and let sit for 15 to 30 minutes. This step is very important. It allows your steak to absorb the flavors and tastes great!
- Grill steak for 12 minutes (6 minutes on each side). Remove and let rest for 8 minutes, covered to keep warm.