Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is not overly spicey, and I've set the ingredients to serve 2. It is wonderful served with my Honey Glazed Plantains and Sauteed Collard Greens. A wonderful Caribbean recipe! Prep time does not include 1 hour marinating time or grill prep time. This recipe originally came from Aaron McCargo.
- 2 rib eye steaks, 12 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- Combine all ingredients except steak in a small bowl.
- Rub seasoning mix on steak. Place steak in a plastic bag to marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, prepare your grill for cooking at medium high to high heat.
- After marinating your steak for 1 hour, remove from the refrigerator and let sit for 15 to 30 minutes. This step is very important. It allows your steak to absorb the flavors and tastes great!
- Grill steak for 12 minutes (6 minutes on each side). Remove and let rest for 8 minutes, covered to keep warm.
I use 1/4 cup light brown sugar and omitted the red pepper flakes a nice treat. I serve the Recipe#373114 on the side. This was fantastic and So easy to do! I will definitely make this again.! You can take that as all thumbs up. This is now on the regular rotation. Thank You PRMR 2013....Grpa
The taste is wondeful. I omitted the red pepper flakes because of my son. This is very good. I like the sweetness of it. I also omitted the salt and pepper. Thanks Lynette :) Made for Holiday tag
Tasty, tender...and the Peanut Gallery didn't reach for the A-1 to coat the meat. I served it with Crash Potatos, and it's been requested to put this on the regular rotation.