Prep 4 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Prep time does not include marinating time (4-24hrs) Eating Well Magazine - May/June 2009
Make and share this Jerk Pork Loin recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups green onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled & smashed
- 1 habanero pepper, quartered & seeded
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (3 lb) pork loin, trimmed
- Puree all ingredients (except pork loin) in a food processor. Pour the mixture into a large, resealable plastic bag. Add pork turning to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, up to 24 hours.
- About 20 minutes before you are ready to grill, preheat a gas grill (with all burners lit) to 500°F
- Once heated, turn off one burner (leaving 1-2 lit). Remove the pork and place on the unlit side of the grill. Close the grill and roast undisturbed for 45 minutes.
- Flip the pork loin, close the lid and cook until an instant-read thermometer registers 145F, 20-30 minutes more. Transfer to a clean cutting board and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.