Jerk Pork Chops With Rice, Black-Eye Peas, Andd Roasted Squash
- -- preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- -- heat a medium pan over high. add onion, and bell pepper, cook for about 2 minutes.
- -- Add bay leaves, mace, rice, stock, beans, and pepper. Cover and bring to simmer for 12-15 minutes or until rice has absorbed stock and is tender.
- -- meanwhile, spread the squash out on a nonstick baking sheet. Cook in oven for 15 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden brown.
- -- TO MAKE JERK RUB mix all sugar, oregano, paprika,, cinnamon, chili powder, garlic, and lemon juice in a bowl and rub onto pork.
- -- heat a stove top grill pan over medium heat, sprayed lightly with oil.
- -- sear the pork chops on each side, then cook for about 5 minutes until done.
- -- serve pork chops with rice and bean mixture, and baked squash.