Recipe by Lorrie in Montreal
A 30 minute home-cooked meal for all of us cooks on the go! Start some rice on to cook and while the chops are cooking, whip up a quick salad. Recipe from Elizabeth Baird's Canadian Living book "Make it tonight". The amount of cayenne is totally up to you...if you have some hot peppers available,by all means add them into the marinade...traditionally Scotch Bonnet Peppers are used in Jerk Marinades. This recipe can easily be used for chicken as well....slash the chicken at even intervals and cover with marinade.
Top Review by KPD
excellent recipe! we loved the flavor! i mixed everything up in a big ziplock bag, dropped the chops in and marinated all day! thanks for this killer keeper recipe, lorrie! made for fall 2007 photo tag!
- 4 (3 1/2 ounce) boneless pork loin chops
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 green onions, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 pinch cayenne
Directions See How It's Made
- Slash fat around chops at intervals.
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, orange juice, oil, garlic, green onions, allspice, thyme, salt, pepper, ginger and cayenne.
- Rub mixture on both sides of chops.
- In small roasting pan, roast chops in oven preheated to 375Ã‚Â°F(190Ã‚Â°C) turning halfway through, until browned and juices run clear when pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes.