Prep 24 hrs 9 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe source: Shopper's newsletter
Make and share this Jerk Pork recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 -5 scotch bonnet peppers, seeded and minced
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 -4 allspice berries, crushed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 lbs pork chops (1 inch thick)
- In a small bowl combine oil and vinegar. Stir in the next 9 ingredients (green onions - nutmeg).
- Trim fat from pork chops and then place them in a large baggie or marinating dish.
- Pour spice mixture over pork chops and then place bag or dish in a large baking pan and place in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours, turning every 4 hours.
- Allow pork chops to come to room temperature before grilling.
- Place chops on a prepared grill and cover with the lid.
- Grill 5-10 minutes per side or until done.
This jerk was excellent. Loved the marinade. The pork was cooked perfectly. The flavor and texture were amazing. We really enjoyed this hot and spicy treat. Thanks for sharing ellie.