Recipe by daisygrl64
Posting for ZWT5 The Caribbean includes islands and countries as diverse as Cuba, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, French Antilles, Guadeloupe and Martinique, Haiti, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, and The Virgin Islands. Common foods like seafood, chicken and coconut, as well as recipes like jerk and callaloo, unite these islands into a heterogeneous culinary paradise. Recipe from. www.globalgourmet.com
Top Review by threeovens
An easy recipe with just the right amount of heat/spice. I am usually afraid of jerk seasoning because it can be too hot, but this was very good. I was only able to marinate about 3 hours, so I sprinkled on a little extra salt, pepper, and allspice while cooking. I used boneless pork ribs and "BBQ'd" on the stovetop, by first searing the meat on both sides, then I turned the heat down and covered it. Made for ZWT5.
- 3 chili peppers, seeded, diced
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 inch piece gingerroot, peeled, chopped
- 4 tablespoons chili paste
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 tablespoons water
- 3 lbs pork fillets
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the peppers, onions, and ginger in a jar of a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Add the chile paste and oil and blend.
- Then add the allspice, oregano, and water.
- Rub this mixture all over the pork.
- Marinate overnight.
- Barbecue pork fillets or roast in a 400 degree oven.