Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
We love pasta at my house. I threw this together one night when I didn't have any sauce, but wanted something different anyway. It was a big hit. The next time I made it I wrote down the measurements. My daughter requests this all the time and last night she said she wanted the recipe! (She's a teenager.) Thought I'd post it here.
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup milk (could use cream)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3⁄4-1 tablespoon carribbean caribbean jerk seasoning
- 12 -16 ounces pasta (I like penne)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In saucepan, combine cheese, flour and seasoning, making sure to remove any clumps.
- Add milk, a little at a time, and stir to avoid the dry ingredients from clumping.
- Add the butter and cook on medium heat until melted and well-incorporated.
- Serve over pasta. I usually use a pound of pasta but if you like a lot of sauce, you might want to go with a 12-oz package of pasta (or make more sauce).
- To make an entree, this would taste great with chicken (grilled, blackened, or otherwise).
Well, I just purchased some Jamaican Jerk seasoning a few months ago and had to try it out again. I made more sauce and I used little shell macaroni. It is good with a green salad. Thanks for posting.