Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 quart tomato juice
- 1⁄2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice or 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 cup rum (light or dark)
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- celery rib (to garnish)
- lime wedge (to garnish)
- Combine the tomato juice, lime juice, and Dry Jerk Seasoning. Allow to stand in refrigerator several hours to blend flavours, stirring every so often to dissolve Jerk Seasoning.
- Add the rum and pepper sauce.
- Serve chilled in a pitcher garnished with celery sticks and lime wedges.
Fantasic! I used the Jamaican Jerk Seasoning recipe, V8, and freshly sqeezed lime juice. I added some fresh, finely chopped fresh green onions since I couldn't find any dried chives for the seasoning. My booze of choice was OLO Brazilian Spiced Rum. Do not confuse it with Capt Morgan's Spice Rum. There is no comparison. Hands down, this is the best bloody mary I've had.
I loved it! I used Jamaican Jerk Seasoning 374040 for the jerk seasoning, and used Spicy Hot V8 instead of tomato juice. Even using the spicy hot V8, I chose to add a few dashes of hot sauce. I chose the light rum, because that is what I had on hand, and garnished with a thinly sliced lime. Made for Family Favorites, ZWT5.
A bloody mary with a jerk........Oops, sorry Ev! LOL! I loved this, as I like blody marys and I love SPICE, so this was a marriage made in heaven. I cut the quantiity back to suit moi plus seconds, and added extra hot pepper sauce too. Made for ZWT5 - merci. FT:-)