Recipe by Kylie&Lexi's Mommy
This recipe is from my favorite publication, Oxygen Magazine. This is a very simple, clean dish that has beautiful flavors! (personal notes: I didn't chop any of the ingredients prior to putting them in the blender and it worked perfectly. Also, I don't have natural maple syrup so I subbed corn syrup.)
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 scotch bonnet peppers (or habanero) or 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 lime, juice of (lemon worked fine)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons 100% natural maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 lb tilapia fillet
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Combine all ingredients, except for fish, in a blender or food processor and puree.
- 2. Place fish in a bowl and coat with puree. Let marinate for at least 1 hour or up to a day.
- 3. When ready to cool, spray a large skillet with nonstick spray over medium-high heat. Add fish and cook, about 3 to 5 minutes on each side. Serve with vegetables.