Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Sweet/Hot & Easy - great with rice!
Make and share this Jerk Chops with Island Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons jamaican jerk spice
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 pork loin chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple (undrained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (rinsed & drained)
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Combine the flour and jamacian seasoning in large zip-lock bag.
- Add chops and shake to coat.
- Heat oil in large skillet and brown chops both sides and remove.
- Stir in remaining seasoned flour, brown sugar& vinegar; bring to a boil.
- Stir in pineapple, peppers and black beans.
- Return the chops to skillet, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with green onion.
This is, by far, my favorite jerk recipe! The aroma quickly brings people to the dinner table. I will treasure this recipe forever. It was Super-Easy to make. For those who like it hot, I Added one habanero (seeded and finely diced) with the bell peppers to enhance the sweet/heat flavor of the jamaican jerk spice. Served over rice this dish is a winner.