Prep 40 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Oh what a delicious marinade! My friends demolished every last bit of this. I should have made more of this finger licken chicken.
- 9.85 ml ground allspice
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ground nutmeg
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 473.18 ml green onions, sliced
- 236.59 ml olive oil
- 236.59 ml fresh orange juice
- 59.14 ml fresh lime juice
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 59.14 ml red wine vinegar
- 29.58 ml fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1-2 habanero pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4.92 ml salt
- 236.59 ml purchased barbecue sauce
- 907.18-1360.77 g chicken breasts, and thighs
- Stir first 3 ingredients in small skillet over medium high heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add all ingredients accept for bbq sauce and chicken to food processor and blend until a puree forms.
- Mix 1 1/2 cups of puree with the bbq sauce, cover and refrigerate.
- Place chicken in large glass baking dish. Pour remaining puree over chicken; turn to coat.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Prepare bbq (medium heat) sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Grill chicken until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, bring bbq sauce to simmer. Serve chicken, passing bbq sauce separately.