Recipe by PBShakes
Oh what a delicious marinade! My friends demolished every last bit of this. I should have made more of this finger licken chicken.
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups green onions, sliced
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 -2 habanero pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup purchased barbecue sauce
- 2 -3 lbs chicken breasts, and thighs
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir first 3 ingredients in small skillet over medium high heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add all ingredients accept for bbq sauce and chicken to food processor and blend until a puree forms.
- Mix 1 1/2 cups of puree with the bbq sauce, cover and refrigerate.
- Place chicken in large glass baking dish. Pour remaining puree over chicken; turn to coat.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Prepare bbq (medium heat) sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Grill chicken until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, bring bbq sauce to simmer. Serve chicken, passing bbq sauce separately.