1/2 Photos of Jerk Chicken Thighs With Mango Salsa
Treat your summer barbecue guests to this delicious grilled recipe instead of the usual hamburgers and hot dogs. From W.W.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, about 6 thighs
- 1 large mango, diced
- 2 small shallots, finely chopped
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, cored, seeded and minced (do not touch seeds with bare hands)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, fresh, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt (to taste)
- 1Preheat grill to medium heat.
- 2Combine cinnamon, allspice, garlic salt, thyme, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and 1 tablespoon of lime juice on a plate; mix to a paste. Brush both sides of chicken with seasoning paste; set aside for 10 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- 3Meanwhile, combine mango, shallot, jalapeno, cilantro, remaining tablespoon of lime juice and 1/8 teaspoon of salt in a bowl.
- 4Place chicken on preheated grill. Grill for 10 minutes; flip and grill until cooked through, about 6 minutes more. Cut each chicken thigh in half to serve. Yields 3 pieces of chicken (1 1/2 thighs total) and about 1/2 cup of salsa per serving.
- 5*Get crafty with leftovers: If you’re only cooking for 2 people, still make this recipe for 4 servings. Then combine the leftover chicken with 2 cups of arugula and 1 cup of cooked asparagus for an entrée salad another night.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jerk Chicken Thighs With Mango Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.9
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 94.4 mg
- Sodium 318.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 23.0 g