Chef by Chance's Note:
I adapted this recipe to my own taste. It originally uses a fresh whole pineapple, and 15 oz can of black beans. This uses the grill pan but I think any pan would do. Plain Olive Oil can be used instead of Garlic Oil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces rotini pasta
- 3 tablespoons garlic oil, divided
- 2 limes
- 1/3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons pineapple preserves
- 1 tablespoon jamaican jerk spice, rub
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1Cook the pasta, drain, and rinse under cold water. Toss with 2 tbsp of garlic oil and set aside.
- 2Into a small bowl, zest 1 lime, juice both limes, and add the mayonnaise and preserves. Mix well and set aside.
- 3In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 tbsp garlic oil and the jerk rub. Add the chicken tenders, coating the tenders.
- 4Heat grill pan over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add chicken and cook for 6-10 minutes, turning once. Remove chicken from pan and add the pineapple to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes, turning once.
- 5Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- 6In the serving bowl, toss the pasta with chicken, pineapple, bell pepper, bacon, green onions, and dressing.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jerk Chicken Salad-Pampered Chef
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 558.5
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 59.3 mg
- Sodium 246.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 19.6 g
- Protein 30.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
jamaican jerk spice