Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
I adapted this recipe to my own taste. It originally uses a fresh whole pineapple, and 15 oz can of black beans. This uses the grill pan but I think any pan would do. Plain Olive Oil can be used instead of Garlic Oil.
- 16 ounces rotini pasta
- 3 tablespoons garlic oil, divided
- 2 limes
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons pineapple preserves
- 1 tablespoon jamaican jerk spice, rub
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Cook the pasta, drain, and rinse under cold water. Toss with 2 tbsp of garlic oil and set aside.
- Into a small bowl, zest 1 lime, juice both limes, and add the mayonnaise and preserves. Mix well and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 tbsp garlic oil and the jerk rub. Add the chicken tenders, coating the tenders.
- Heat grill pan over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add chicken and cook for 6-10 minutes, turning once. Remove chicken from pan and add the pineapple to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes, turning once.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- In the serving bowl, toss the pasta with chicken, pineapple, bell pepper, bacon, green onions, and dressing.