Recipe by Sheila the Great
The pampered chef, I was wary of trying this even though the picture looked amazing. I am not a big fan of super spicy. So I make chicken breasts instead of tenders. It was sooo good I had seconds and wanted thirds!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon jamaican jerk rub
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 medium pineapple, sliced into sm pieces
- 1 red pepper
- 3 green onions
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 limes
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons pineapple preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- Wisk together jerk rub and olive oil. Add chicken and coat all sides. set aside.
- Slice pineapple into small chunks, or use a can or pineapple chunks drained.
- Cook chicken on both sides till cooked, then set aside. Cook pineapple in pan 1 minute on both sides. Cook bacon either in the oven or in the pan, let drain then crumble.
- Thinly slice red peppers and green onions. If you like arrange 12 lettuce leaves on a platter. Chop additional lettuce.
- Make dressing by wisking together the zest of one lime, and juice of 2. Add mayonaise and pineapple preserves. I didn't have preserves so I added pineapple juice and a few mashed up pieces of the pienapple.
- Layer salad on leaves, chopped lettuce, beans, bell peppers, chicken, pineapple, bacon and green onions.Drizle dressing over salad.