1/1 Photo of Jerk Chicken Pasta
I used to work at Bahama Breeze and came home one night to try and replicate their Jerk Chicken Pasta as close as possible, and this is the closest I've gotten, but it tastes JUST like it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon herbs, of your choice, rosemary, marjoram, oregano
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 stalk asparagus
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms, pieces and stems
- 3 tablespoons parsley, crushed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1Melt butter in skillet over medium/low heat and add garlic.
- 2When garlic becomes fragrant add cayenne pepper and chicken (already cut up into small strips/slices or whole), increase heat.
- 3Cook until chicken is cooked to preferred tenderness. Remove chicken from pan, leaving the butter/garlic/cayenne mix.
- 4In a separate deep pan, fill pan 1/4 full of water. Place a drainer on top of the pan, add asparagus (cut up into 1 inch pieces). Cover. Steam for 5-10 minutes.
- 5In a secparate deep pan, cook angel hair pasta according to the package directions. Set aside.
- 6In a cup stir together half-and-half, chicken broth, and corn starch. Pour into skillet chicken was cooked inches
- 7Bring to a boil, reduce heat, then simmer for 3 minutes, constantly stirring.
- 8Stir in the parsley, herbs, mushrooms, and asparagus for 3-5 minutes to heat through and allow flavors to blend.
- 9Add chicken to heat through.
- 10Add pasta and stir to heat through.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jerk Chicken Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (393 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 774.2
- Calories from Fat 404
- Total Fat 44.9 g
- Saturated Fat 23.0 g
- Cholesterol 176.1 mg
- Sodium 421.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 42.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: