Recipe by Cookin'Mandi
I got this recipe from a Pampered Chef catalog, and have altered it slightly, since I never bought the Pampered Chef Jerk spices or stoneware. I've made these a few times since, and they are fabulous! I crave them all the time! The cilantro is such a crazy blast of fresh... and the jerk-spiced sour cream is a great addition! Try these! ********I buy a jar of a Jamaican Jerk spice paste from the grocery store. I use WAY more cilantro.. like 1/4 CUP ! You can use a red or yellow, or whatever colour pepper you want. I use 2 cans of cooked chicken, I think this is MUCH easier, and you'd never know. I've used a couple different kinds of cheese. Usually I just buy a bag of whatever is on sale: 3 cheese blends, all cheddar, marble.. whatever you want. I use more like 1/2 cup of sour cream and 1 tbsp of jerk spice, and pipe it all over the nachos at the end. Enjoy! *********
Top Review by Kathy in Winnipeg
These were delicious! I made them last night for company and everyone enjoyed them immensely. The fresh flavour of the cilantro and lime was so good. The presentation was beautiful too. Very festive with the red, green and white.
- 6 cups tortilla chips
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups marbled cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons jamaican jerk spice, divided
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream, plus
- 1 teaspoon additional jamaican jerk spice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Arrange tortilla chips in a slightly overlapping layer on a cookie sheet.
- In a bowl, combine chicken, cheese and 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the jerk spice; mix gently.
- Sprinkle chicken mixture evenly over tortilla chips.
- Bake 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted; remove.
- Meanwhile, dice bell pepper. Cut lime in half crosswise.
- Squeeze the juice from 1 half of lime into a small bowl -- add remaining jerk rub and bell pepper and mix well.
- Snip cilantro using Kitchen Shears. Slice remaining lime half into garish slices.
- Spoon bell pepper mixture over nachos; sprinkle evenly with cilantro.
- If desired, combine sour cream and additional jerk rub in resealable plastic bag; trim corner to allow sour cream to flow through. Pipe sour cream mixture over nachos.
- Garnish with lime slices.