Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
We love spicy foods and tender juicy chicken. This recipe is great combination of both. If you have children, simply omit the Jerk Sauce from their portion. Keep in mind that you can make this recipe as spicy or as mild as you wish by simply adjusting the marination time or adding dry Jerk Seasoning to the marinade to kick it up. I love to serve my Garlic Fry recipe with this dish and a nice salad. Note that this recipe works great for boneless, skinless chicken breast and I have also used it on pork cuts. Prep time does not include overnight marination.
- 1⁄2 cup jerk sauce, divided
- 1 cup onion, vertically sliced
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 4 skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- 1⁄2 cup light beer
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, Julienne-cut
- Combine 1/4 cup jerk sauce and next 5 ingredients (1/4 cup jerk sauce through garlic) in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator overnight, turning occasionally. Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade.
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine 1/4 cup jerk sauce, beer, ketchup, and hot sauce.
- Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 20 minutes or until done, turning and basting frequently with beer mixture. Garnish chicken with green onions, if desired.
Lots of hmmmmms coming from my hubby while he ate this. Very tasty & it is really fast, easy too. My only problem is the servings, it made way more than 6 servings so I'm thinking that the breasts/thighs weight suggestion could be with bone in. Then again, there was so much sauce left over I ended up saving 1/2 for the next batch. Our jerk sauce is very spicy so I cut it back abit & didn't add the extra hot sauce. Very yummy, thanks for sharing.