We love spicy foods and tender juicy chicken. This recipe is great combination of both. If you have children, simply omit the Jerk Sauce from their portion. Keep in mind that you can make this recipe as spicy or as mild as you wish by simply adjusting the marination time or adding dry Jerk Seasoning to the marinade to kick it up. I love to serve my Garlic Fry recipe with this dish and a nice salad. Note that this recipe works great for boneless, skinless chicken breast and I have also used it on pork cuts. Prep time does not include overnight marination.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup jerk sauce, divided
- 1 cup onion, vertically sliced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 4 skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup light beer
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- cooking spray
- 1/4 cup green onion, Julienne-cut
- 1Combine 1/4 cup jerk sauce and next 5 ingredients (1/4 cup jerk sauce through garlic) in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator overnight, turning occasionally. Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade.
- 2Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- 3Combine 1/4 cup jerk sauce, beer, ketchup, and hot sauce.
- 4Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 20 minutes or until done, turning and basting frequently with beer mixture. Garnish chicken with green onions, if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jerk Chicken - Fast, Easy and Delicious
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.0
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 83.8 mg
- Sodium 335.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 27.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: