Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Pam Anderson's Perfect One-Dish Dinners
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 large rotisserie chicken, meat shredded
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 28 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 16 ounces black beans, undrained
- 16 ounces small white beans, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeno peppers
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add chili powder, thyme, cinnamon, and allspice. Cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add chicken and stir to coat with spices. Add broth, tomatoes, beans, and jalapenos, bring to a boil, cover partially, reduce heat, cover, and simmer to blend flavors, about 20-25 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, cilantro, chocolate. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.