Recipe by Brookelynne26
From Pam Anderson's Perfect One-Dish Dinners
Top Review by Gretchen A.
Love this soup! We make it all the time and it just gets better the longer it sits, so it's great for leftovers. The original recipe posted on food.com was missing steps for some of the ingredients. I since submitted a revision from the original recipe and now you should have no problems following the steps (though it looks like those steps may be missing from the mobile version).
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 large rotisserie-cooked chicken, meat shredded
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 28 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 16 ounces black beans, undrained
- 16 ounces small white beans, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeno peppers
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add chili powder, thyme, cinnamon, and allspice. Cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add chicken and stir to coat with spices. Add broth, tomatoes, beans, and jalapenos, bring to a boil, cover partially, reduce heat, and simmer to blend flavors, about 20-25 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, cilantro, chocolate. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.