Recipe by lucy k.
This is an easy version that can be grilled or broiled. Adjust the heat to your liking with the number of peppers you use. From Eating Well magazine.
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (juice of one average sized lime)
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil or 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 3 -5 scotch bonnet peppers or 3 -5 habanero peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 -2 inch ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients except chicken into blender.
- Pulse until you have a coarse paste.
- Marinate chicken in mixture in a ziplock bag, 2 hours or more.
- Spray broiling pan or grill with non-stick spray.
- Broil 5 inches from heat source 10 to 15 minutes or grill at 400 degrees about 10 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.