Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Cooking Light Best Ever Slim-Down Recipes
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, sliced (divided)
- 1⁄3 cup shallot, chopped (divided)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 large serrano chili, stemmed
- 8 skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
- 3 ounces low-fat cream cheese (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 8 mini bell peppers
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. After preheating, reduce one side of grill to low heat.
- Combine 1/4 cup green onions, 1/4 cup shallots, sugar, 2 tablespoons juice, oil, allspice, garlic, and serrano in a mini food processor; process until smooth. Combine half of onion mixture and chicken in a medium bowl; toss well. Sprinkle with salt.
- Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Cover and grill 5 minutes on each side. Move chicken over low heat. Cover and grill 5 minutes on each side or until done. Brush chicken with remaining onion mixture.
- Combine remaining green onions, remaining shallots, remaining juice, cheese, cilantro, and sour cream. Halve bell peppers lengthwise; discard seeds. Divide cheese mixture evenly among pepper halves. Place peppers on grill rack coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Grill 7 minutes or until peppers are lightly charred.