1/1 Photo of Jerk Chicken and Pasta
I found this recipe on allrecipes.com & thought it would be a good one for ZWT III. I love a cream sauce but had never had jerk before so this was something different for me. The mild creamy sauce is great in contrast to the spicy of the chicken. Uses Jamaican Jerk Paste as the paste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons prepared jerk spice chili paste
- 1 (12 ounce) package uncooked egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon prepared jerk spice chili paste, extra
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 2 limes, quartered
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 4 sprigs fresh coriander, for garnish
- 1Rub each breast half with 1/2 teaspoon jerk paste, and place in a shallow dish. Cover, and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- 2Preheat the grill for high heat. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, cook the egg noodles 6 to 8 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
- 3Lightly oil the grill. Grill chicken 8 to 10 minutes on each side, until juices run clear.
- 4Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, and cook the garlic for one minute. Mix in the chicken stock, 1 tablespoon jerk paste, white wine, chopped coriander, juice of 1 lime, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and stir in the heavy cream. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened, about 5 minutes. Do not allow it to boil.
- 5Pour the cooked egg noodles into the saucepan, and toss with the cream sauce. Divide noodles onto 4 serving plates, and top with grilled chicken.
- 6Garnish each serving with a coriander sprig and the juice of 1/4 lime.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jerk Chicken and Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 648.5
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 182.8 mg
- Sodium 195.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 41.8 g