Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe on allrecipes.com & thought it would be a good one for ZWT III. I love a cream sauce but had never had jerk before so this was something different for me. The mild creamy sauce is great in contrast to the spicy of the chicken. Uses Jamaican Jerk Paste as the paste.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons prepared jerk spice chili paste
- 1 (12 ounce) packageuncooked egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon prepared jerk spice chili paste, extra
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 2 limes, quartered
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup thickened cream
- 4 sprigs fresh coriander, for garnish
- Rub each breast half with 1/2 teaspoon jerk paste, and place in a shallow dish. Cover, and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the grill for high heat. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, cook the egg noodles 6 to 8 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
- Lightly oil the grill. Grill chicken 8 to 10 minutes on each side, until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, and cook the garlic for one minute. Mix in the chicken stock, 1 tablespoon jerk paste, white wine, chopped coriander, juice of 1 lime, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and stir in the heavy cream. Cook and stir until mixture is thickened, about 5 minutes. Do not allow it to boil.
- Pour the cooked egg noodles into the saucepan, and toss with the cream sauce. Divide noodles onto 4 serving plates, and top with grilled chicken.
- Garnish each serving with a coriander sprig and the juice of 1/4 lime.
I made this dish the other night and LOVED it! I love jerk chicken and thought it went so well with the cream sauce. I also love fresh coriander and I thought it tasted great along with the lime. Excellent flavors. I will make it again for sure.