Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
This recipe comes from "Passport on a Plate" and I think it's pretty good!
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- In a large bowl combine brown sugar, soy sauce, orange juice, salt, thyme, and allspice.
- Lightly prick both sides of the chicken breasts with the tip of a sharp knife or tines of a fork.
- Add the chicken breasts to the brown sugar mixture; turn to coat on both sides.
- Cover and marinate for at least 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Preheat broiler or grill, to about 325 (my best guess).
- Place chicken breasts on rack in broiler pan or on grill.
- Cook 4 inches from heat source for about 5 to 10 minutes, turning once until chicken is cooked through.