Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
The flavour of "Jerk" in a burger. One of my favourites.
- 2 teaspoons allspice berries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup minced chives
- 1 lb lean ground turkey or 1 lb ground pork
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- Toast the allspice berries lightly in a dry skillet, then grind them and the peppercorns finely.
- Mix with the remaining dry spices.
- Mince the garlic, and add it to the spices, with the vinegar and the minced chives.
- Add the meat, egg and breadcrumbs, and mix very well.
- Form into 4 patties and broil on both sides until done; about 15 to 20 minutes.
Very unusual, but tasty recipe. I found the burgers very dry using ground turkey alone. I think next time I will serve with a sauce (?) or try a combo of turkey & pork. Thanks!!
I usually have a different burger every week - well may I say that your burger is going to be a regular with me - I'll still try others but I loved this burger. The amazing thing is I used beef not turkey or pork. Excellent combination of spices resulting in a truly tasty burger. I added raw sweet onion, horseradish & and sweet Bavarian mustard as toppings. Served with Baking stone Oven Frys, sauted mushroom & a small green salad. Yes it will be a repeat thanks Jenny
A highly-seasoned burger. I made ours with the ground turkey and, unfortunately, they were way too dry. I liked the seasoning blend and will try again with the pork. Maybe a bit of oil added to the turkey?