Prep 6 mins
Cook 12 mins
The larger amount of jerk sauce makes a very spicy burger
- 2 tablespoons mild jerk sauce
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb chicken
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- In a medium-size bowl, mix jerk sauce with beef until evenly combined.
- Form mixture into 4 burgers, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Heat oil in large non-stick pan set over medium heat.
- Add burgers.
- Cook, uncovered, until meat is no longer pink in centre, from 6 to 8 minutes per side.
Myself,i would add 2 thinly sliced scallions to the mix and a pinch of dried pepper( habanero, ancho,poblano,etc. Otherwise a good basic burger recipe!
This is a good change of pace from the usual burger. I did add some onion to the burger for even more flavor. I omitted the oil, though.
My family and I enjoyed the burgers.they were excellent