Recipe by JeriBinNC
This is really easy to mix up and keep on hand to speed up that pot of chili. Use it to taste; I use at least 2 tablespoons per pound of meat, depending on how spicy I want to make it.
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together and store in an airtight container. Use to flavor and thicken chili, using at least 2 tablespoons of mix per pound of meat.
- Here's how I usually make chili with this mix:.
- 1-2 lbs ground beef.
- 1 onion, chopped.
- 1 bell pepper chopped.
- 3 14-oz cans diced tomatoes.
- 3 cans beans (kidney, black, white, or a mix).
- 4-5 Tbsp chili mix.
- 1 can of beer.
- Brown the meat, onion, and bell pepper. Dump in everything else (don't drain the canned items) and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for at least 30 minutes.