1/1 Photo of Jeremy's Mom's Strawberry Jelly Ring
Emila Brittain made this for our team party for the East Toronto Dodgers all-star baseball team many years ago; I asked for the recipe and she faxed it to me on May 31, 1996. For a long time, I lost the fax -- but I finally found it! I thought it best to get this here at Zaar for two reasons: the fax has already started to fade badly, and I don't want to lose this delicious recipe again. Emila served it as a salad, but it could also be a dessert. Please note that the time to prepare doesn't include the chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve the contents of the large package of Strawberry Jell-o (you could use 2 packages of the normal size of jell-o if your store doesn't carry the big package) in two cups of boiling water. Add 1/2 cup sugar and 1 1/2 cups cold water and mix well.
- 2Remove 2 1/2 cups of mixture and chill (keep the rest at room temp as you don't want it to chill and start to set).
- 3When chilled mixture has partially set, add a pint of fresh strawberries, halved and sliced. Pour into a 6-cup mold (Emila used the classic tupperware ring mold).
- 4Chill until set but not firm.
- 5Beat 8 oz softened cream cheese, gradually adding reserved jello mixture plus 1 tsp vanilla. Spoon over strawberries in mold.
- 6Chill at least 3 hours before serving.
- 7Unmold to serve and place on a round serving platter.
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jeremy's Mom's Strawberry Jelly Ring
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.2
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 24.9 mg
- Sodium 148.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 26.3 g
- Protein 3.2 g