Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A friend threw this together based on our eating mood and my cholesterol-control diet... and I thought it was so great I had to record what he did as far as I could remember.
- 6 ounces couscous, chicken flavor
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil
- 3⁄4 lb chicken breast, in small strips as for stir fry
- 1⁄2 cup onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces white beans
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 lb zucchini or 1 lb summer squash
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- nutmeg, only a tiny amount
- Prepare couscous with broth.
- Stir-fry remaining ingredients, adding sprouts towards end.
- Serve over the couscous.
- Would almost certainly be good with chicken omitted or rice substituted as well.