Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Jeremy is my stepmom's brother. he is known for making excellent smoked meats. one dish is makes often is this beer can chicken It's juicy and just awesome
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nu salt salt substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 lbs chicken
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- In a large bowl combine mayo with spices.
- slather the chicken inside and out with mayo mixture.
- open the beer and place it in the chicken's cavity.
- stand the chicken upright on a grill cover grill and cook 2 hours.
- remove beer can from chicken and then carve.
This really is juicy and awesome. It's also very easy to put together. I highly recommend this recipe for summertime BBQs. Thanks, GingerlyJ! Made for My 3 Chefs event, for my Beer Can Chicken theme.