Recipe by Jen T
Using store bought panini breads and cooked shredded chicken or ham makes this a very easy to put together lunch or supper dish. This is one of those recipes where you can add as much or as little of any ingredient.
- 2 panini bread
- 1⁄2 cup plum sauce (I used Delmaine)
- 1⁄2-1 cup chicken (cooked & shredded) or 1⁄2-1 cup ham (cooked & shredded)
- 1⁄4 red onion (finely sliced)
- 1⁄4 red pepper (diced)
- 1⁄4 yellow pepper (diced)
- 1⁄4 green pepper (diced)
- 1 -2 tomatoes (sliced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice panini horizontaly
- Place cut side up and spread liberally with plum sauce. You may need more than recipe calls for depending on size of panini bread.
- Cover one half of each panini with shredded chicken or ham.
- Top with other ingredients ending with tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with a little salt & freshly ground black pepper if desired.
- Place second half on top.
- Cook for approx 3-5mins in a preheated non stick grilled sandwich machine or press.
- When nicely browned, remove and cut each panini diagonally and place on plates.
- Serve as is or with a tossed green salad.
- NB: You can also add chopped or crushed well drained pineapple and/or chopped spring onions.
- Use apricot sauce or even honey mustard sauce in place of the plum sauce.
- Can also be made using thick slices of your favourite bread.