Recipe by karen in tbay
From the files of Friend Jen was this recipe for the always over abundance of this popular garden vegetable.
Top Review by Secret Agent
I made these yummy patties with shredded zucchini which I had frozen from my end of the garden glut last fall. I used Johnny's seasoned salt (a Northwest favorite) in place of the regular salt and increased the pepper by a pinch. I used a cookie scoop to measure them out, flattened them a bit and fried them in butter. Next time I will make a double batch! I couldn't stop eating them. Tonight DH will get a treat with a plateful of these patties topped with a sour cream, chive and horseradish sauce. I just love them! UPDATE:We were eating these at midnight, sooooooo good!
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1⁄3 cup biscuit mix
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine first seven ingredients, mix well.
- Add the 2 eggs lightly beaten, mix well and shape into 6 patties using about 1/4 cup of mixture for each patty.
- In a skillet melt the 2 tbsp butter and cook patties for 4 to 5 minutes per side or til lightly browned.
- (cooked out like pancakes MMMM).