This is my familys favourite cheesescake and one I make for most gatherings of the clan!! It freezes well if you want to prepare ahead. Just line the pan with tinfoil and when set lift out or leave in tin and place in plastic bag and freeze. Remove from freezer a few hours ahead of needing and decorate with rosettes of whipped cream around edge and sprinlke with chocolate curls or place thin slices of lemon cut in half and twisted onto each rosette of cream. NOTE: biscuits = cookies * Cook time does not include setting time.
- 1 (250 g) packet plain sweet biscuits (I use 'Nice' biscuits)
- 125 g butter (melted)
- 1 (400 g) can evaporated milk (unsweetened condensed milk , well chilled)
- 250 g cream cheese
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2⁄3 cup hot water
- 1 -2 lemon, juice of
- 1 (85 g) packet lemon jelly
- Crush biscuits and mix with melted butter.
- Press into a 25cm spring form pan coming a little way up sides if desired.
- Bake for 10mins only at 150'C/300'F.
- Dissolve the jelly in the hot water and make up to 1 cup with the lemon juice.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla essence well.
- Beat chilled milk until very thick in a large bowl.
- Add cheese & sugar mixture and beat in well.
- Add in the lemon jelly and beat thoroughly.
- Pour onto the cooled base and refrigerate overnight, or at least 8-10 hours.
- Decorate as desired.
- For a pineapple cheesecake add a well drained medium size can of crushed pineapple. Some of the drained juice can be used with the water when making up the jelly.