Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my familys favourite cheesescake and one I make for most gatherings of the clan!! It freezes well if you want to prepare ahead. Just line the pan with tinfoil and when set lift out or leave in tin and place in plastic bag and freeze. Remove from freezer a few hours ahead of needing and decorate with rosettes of whipped cream around edge and sprinlke with chocolate curls or place thin slices of lemon cut in half and twisted onto each rosette of cream. NOTE: biscuits = cookies * Cook time does not include setting time.
- 1 (250 g) packet plain sweet biscuits (I use 'Nice' biscuits)
- 125 g butter (melted)
- 1 (400 g) can evaporated milk (unsweetened condensed milk , well chilled)
- 250 g cream cheese
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2⁄3 cup hot water
- 1 -2 lemon, juice of
- 1 (85 g) packet lemon jelly
- Crush biscuits and mix with melted butter.
- Press into a 25cm spring form pan coming a little way up sides if desired.
- Bake for 10mins only at 150'C/300'F.
- Dissolve the jelly in the hot water and make up to 1 cup with the lemon juice.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla essence well.
- Beat chilled milk until very thick in a large bowl.
- Add cheese & sugar mixture and beat in well.
- Add in the lemon jelly and beat thoroughly.
- Pour onto the cooled base and refrigerate overnight, or at least 8-10 hours.
- Decorate as desired.
- For a pineapple cheesecake add a well drained medium size can of crushed pineapple. Some of the drained juice can be used with the water when making up the jelly.
This was a refreshing summertime dessert! Made as directed for the filling. I opted to buy an already made graham cracker crust just to simplify. We will be making this again. We were also thinking to change up the jelly (jello here) to either orange, raspberry, lime or strawberry and change the fruit juice as well. Can't wait to experiment some more! Made for the July 2010 Aussie/NZ recipe swap.
Great recipe Jen! So easy to make, it was fun- I made miniature cheesecakes with a cake bottom in shot glasses and they were a fantastic finger food. Everyone raved about them! I made one lemon batch and one strawberry, and one vanilla (with about 1T vanilla essence, 3 tsp gelatin and some extra sugar) really you could make whatever type you can get jelly for!
Delicious and easy! I made this to share with family the other night but ended up forgetting it and sharing it with friends. I made it in a 13x9 pan and cut squares. Still tasty - although next time I will make it in the springform pan and get a picture nicely garnished. This is a nice lemony cheesecake - a keeper for gatherings!