Recipe by scrappyhare
I always thought I didn't like spinach... until I tried my best friend's spinach-artichoke dip to be nice. Now this is my favorite recipe and I have to limit myself to making it just once a month! I usually serve it with tortilla chips. I like to experiment with different cheeses but have listed it here just as she gave it to me. I prefer a smoother textured dip, so I mix the ingredients in my food processor; Jen uses her stand mixer and the spinach stays stringier. I like the Green Giant brand of frozen creamed spinach, which is more spinach and less cream; Jen prefers Stouffer's Side Dishes, which is more cream and less spinach. Times and servings are approximate. Enjoy! :)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained (not marinated, preferably packed in brine)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375F and lightly spritz a large casserole dish with cooking spray (Pam).
- Combine creamed spinach, artichokes, mayo, cream cheese, onion, and garlic powder in prepared casserole dish.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until top begins to brown.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese and bake about 10 minutes or until cheese starts to brown.