Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Came up with this when I was craving a cheesy baked spaghetti. You can make this many different ways with any veggies/protein you want. I love this so much because it is so easy, economical and makes for AWESOME leftovers!
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn (fresh, frozen, canned)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (may use less, I love garlic!)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 3⁄4-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or use Daiya)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray 9X13 casserole dish. Have cooked spaghetti ready to go.
- Saute onion, bell pepper and garlic in olive oil until tender. Add cumin, oregano, chili powder, salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add black beans and corn to mixture. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Mix spaghetti with the bean/tomato mixture.
- Spread into casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with Daiya cheese or cheese.
- Bake at 425 f for 10 minutes or until cheese melts and mixture is bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Top with cilantro and serve.
I grow a little weary of the black bean and corn combo that is so prevalent in these recipes - however, this was still good. If I make it again I will probably add some breadcrumbs on top.