1/1 Photo of Jen's Soup
My sister made this soup for us years ago, and I've made it many times since. I don't remember where she got the recipe, but we've always called it Jen's Soup. It's light, easy, and a little different!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 quarts chicken broth or 2 1/2 quarts vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups small shell pasta
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 8 ounces frozen green peas
- shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1In a 6-8 quart pot, saute onion, garlic and celery in oil 5-8 minutes.
- 2Add broth and bring to a boil.
- 3Stir in pasta and beans, cover and simmer until pasta is al dente, 5-7 minutes.
- 4Add carrots and peas, bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce to simmer and let cook just until peas are warmed through.
- 6Serve with extra red onion and parmesan to sprinkle on top (optional).
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jen's Soup
Serving Size: 1 (476 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.6
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1354.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 20.6 g