Recipe by polly salama
This is a recipe a good friend of mine gave me recently and it is out of this world! I hope you and your loved ones enjoy it as much as we have.
Top Review by Miss Annie
You are right, this really is tasty. A great tasting pesto. I made it just like you said, but I left the adobo sauce on a couple of the peppers because I love the taste. It really tasted good leaving some of the sauce on. We used this one on the pasta, and it was great. I am thinking of other things to use this on. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe, Polly.
- 4 -5 chipotle chiles (THE ONES IN THE ADOBE SAUCE ARE REALLY EASY TO SPLIT OPEN AND RINSE OUT)
- 1⁄3 cup cooking oil (YOUR FAVORITE JUST DON'T USE OLIVE OIL AS IT IS TOO RICH FOR THIS RECIPE)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 2 -4 garlic cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor combine oil and garlic pulse until garlic is minced.
- let sit for at least 15 minutes allowing the oil to take on the flavor of the garlic.
- next add all the ingredients except the parmesan cheese.
- pulse until you haved a smooth consistency.
- remove to an air tight container and stir in the cheese.
- refrigerate overnight.
- this is really good over angel hair pasta but you may find a way to use it that you like.