1/2 Photos of Jen's Low Fat High Fiber Bran Muffins
I have gone through pretty much all the bran muffin recipes on the zaar (and there are a lot!) and I could not find one like mine. We really enjoyed these, and I think if I don't write it down I'll forget all the substitutions I made! This makes 2 dozen regular or a lot of mini! (I made 1 dozen regular and 2 dozen mini.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put 1 cup of the wheat bran in a bowl with the 1 cup of boiling water.
- 2Stir and let it sit until the water is absorbed.
- 3In a large bowl put the flour, the baking soda, and salt.
- 4Combine the sugar, splenda, oil, and applesauce.
- 5Add the sugar mixture to the flour along with the wet bran and the remaining 2 cups of bran and the 2 eggs (that you have beaten).
- 6Combine the milk and the vinegar (let sit for about a minute) and then add this to the flour mixture.
- 7Mix until totally combined.
- 8Put into muffin pans you have sprayed with cooking spray.
- 9Cook for about 15 minutes or until done.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jen's Low Fat High Fiber Bran Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1587 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.9
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 18.0 mg
- Sodium 222.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 4.1 g