Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love the bruchetta loaf at 'Swiss Chalet' this is the version we use at home.
- 1 -2 small French baguette (think small sub size)
- butter (Slightly melted)
- 1⁄2-1 garlic clove (I cheat and buy the chopped kind in a jar because I am too lazy to chop my own)
- 1⁄2 cup grated monterey jack cheese or 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
For Bruchetta Mixture (OPTIONAL)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 -2 dash pepper
- 4 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped (to garnish)
- Cut baguette several times down the lengeth (i usually dont quite cut through the bottom).
- Mix butter and garlic, and drizzle/ spread between each slice and over the top.
- Add green onion garnish to top.
- Toast in the toaster oven on Dark, or in the oven at about 375 for 10 minutes.
- Prior to toasting it I would add the bruchetta mixture. (OPTIONAL).
- Mix the Bruchetta ingredients and spoon on top then add the onion garnish and toast.
This recipe is too confusing. How many times do you toast?? Better make this easier to understand.