Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This comes from my daughter in-law's southern heritage because she came from the south. It's very juicy and tasty.
- 1 cut up whole chicken (James prefers legs)
- 4 cups flour
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- oil (for frying)
- Mix eggs and milk in small container.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper in large container.
- Roll and press chicken in flour.
- Submerge in egg mixture.
- Repeat in flour.
- Gently add to HOT oil. (will bubble up, so use caution) (Keep oil at a constant temperature. Cook on 5/6 on an electric stove.).
- Cook till brown on first side, flip over and repeat.
- Cook each side for another 10 minutes or so or till done.
- Place on a paper towel lined plate and cover with another paper towel to keep heat inches.
I absolutely love this recipe!!! Thanks Di!
This is a great fried chicken recipe. I used legs, thighs and breasts and the chicken came out very moist and tasty. My husband's favorite meal is fried chicken and he loved it, too. So did my kids.
Made this last night. Tasted great. I fried in my deep fat fryer - took about 13 minutes for a thigh.