I made this for the first time in 1977. It's been a favorite ever since. The good thing about this dish is there is no recipe. I ask for meat and cheese ends at my area grocery store so no two salads are ever the same!!! experiment with your favorites and enjoy, use your imagination!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head washed lettuce
- 2 tomatoes (handful of grape or cherry tomatoes)
- 1 sliced onion (scallions,vidalia,red etc.)
- 1 sliced cucumber
- broccoli (optional) or cauliflower (optional) or carrots (optional) or green beans, any fresh vegtable (optional)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/2 lb cooked mini ravioli
- 1/2 lb ham
- 1/2 lb turkey
- 1/2 lb mixed hard cheese (swiss,mozerella,cheddar,provolone etc)
- 1/4 lb salami or 1/4 lb pepperoni, etc
- olive, any kind mix and match (optional)
- marinated artichoke hearts (optional)
- hot pepper (optional)
- roasted peppers (optional)
- chickpeas (optional)
- bacon bits (optional)
- crouton (optional)
- Italian dressing (or any of your choice)
- 1Hard boil an egg for each person.
- 2cook mini ravioli (Rinse in cold water).
- 3refrigerate eggs and ravioli.
- 4In a large salad bowl:.
- 5Start with the lettuce, add all the vegtables, toss lightly.
- 6Chunk meat and cheese ends(if you have sliced meats and cheeses cut in strips) add to salad bowl, Ravioli, toss lightly.
- 7top with olives, artichoke hearts. croutons etc. I keep the eggs whole. I let my family and guests put on their own dressing.
- 8A little secret: Do a some prep work, cook eggs and ravoli, cut vegtables, meats and cheeses, In plastic bags store in refrigerator. Toss together and serve.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jen's Favorite Chef Salad
Serving Size: 1 (649 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.7
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 329.6 mg
- Sodium 1730.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 46.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: