Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I made this for the first time in 1977. It's been a favorite ever since. The good thing about this dish is there is no recipe. I ask for meat and cheese ends at my area grocery store so no two salads are ever the same!!! experiment with your favorites and enjoy, use your imagination!
- 1 head washed lettuce
- 2 tomatoes (handful of grape or cherry tomatoes)
- 1 sliced onion (scallions,vidalia,red etc.)
- 1 sliced cucumber
- broccoli (optional) or cauliflower (optional) or carrots (optional) or green beans, any fresh vegtable (optional)
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄2 lb cooked mini ravioli
- 1⁄2 lb ham
- 1⁄2 lb turkey
- 1⁄2 lb mixed hard cheese (swiss,mozerella,cheddar,provolone etc)
- 1⁄4 lb salami or 1⁄4 lb pepperoni, etc
- olive, any kind mix and match (optional)
- marinated artichoke hearts (optional)
- hot pepper (optional)
- roasted peppers (optional)
- chickpeas (optional)
- bacon bits (optional)
- crouton (optional)
- Italian dressing (or any of your choice)
- Hard boil an egg for each person.
- cook mini ravioli (Rinse in cold water).
- refrigerate eggs and ravioli.
- In a large salad bowl:.
- Start with the lettuce, add all the vegtables, toss lightly.
- Chunk meat and cheese ends(if you have sliced meats and cheeses cut in strips) add to salad bowl, Ravioli, toss lightly.
- top with olives, artichoke hearts. croutons etc. I keep the eggs whole. I let my family and guests put on their own dressing.
- A little secret: Do a some prep work, cook eggs and ravoli, cut vegtables, meats and cheeses, In plastic bags store in refrigerator. Toss together and serve.